Following the horrific action of one individual on October 27 of last year, at the Tree of Life Synagogue, thousands of people from across the country and world responded with love and kindness. Our Library community was no exception. Countless parents and caregivers have asked “how can we help?,” and “how can we continue to show our kids that this is not the way we want to live?” In 2019 and beyond, the Shaler North Hills Library will be consciously and deliberately making an effort to provide opportunities for discussion, growth, caring and sharing. We are providing an opportunity for children, tweens, teens, caregivers and adults to express their thoughts and feelings through artistic expression, be it through the written word, photography, sketching or even fingerpainting. We will be accepting entries during the month of January at the Youth Services Desk in the Children’s Department. Visit the art on display in our Community Room beginning February 1. Join us for a closing reception on Friday, March 1 at 7:00pm. We are better together!
Click here to download and print an entry form.
Click here for labels to affix to the back your work or clip to your work.
- My Library Account
- Library Catalog
- January and February 2019 Events and Classes for Birth through Teen
- Fall 2018 Events and Classes for Birth through Teen
- Event Calendar (you can register for classes and events here)
- Shaler North Hills Library Home Page
- Volunteering in the Youth Services Department
- We Need Diverse Books!
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- The Brown Book Shelf
- More Booklists for Kids from the American Library Association
- eBooks, eAudio, Downloadable Movies and Music from Hoopla
- eBooks and eAudio Books from Overdrive
- eMagazines from Flipster
- Little Pim Language Learning for Kids
- Miss Ing's Favorite Reads (all ages)
- Julie B.'s Favorite Reads (middle school)
- Falck Family Faves
- Book Favorites from The Three Js
- Staff Login to Summer Reading
- Register for Summer Reading Online!